Karnavedha is the Ear piercing ceremony.Pin It Now!
- According to ancient Indian surgeon Sushrutha "The Ears of a child should be pierced for protection from diseases and also for decoration".
- Ayurvedic literature describes how when the nerves in the ears are pierced at this time of the child's life, lust is decreased in the later years.
- Some believe that the water that falls on our body after falling over gold(in the ear rings) has healthy benefits.
- Others say that our Earlobes resemble "ॐ " and the ear ring is like the dot of Om.
- Child sacrifice was very common those days and if the kid had a wound it was seemed unfit for sacrifice. So, many parents would get their children's ears pierced to avoid being sacrificed.
- It is usually done in the odd number month for girls and even number for boys!
- Putti got her ears pierced in her 5th month.