Monday, May 6, 2013

Painted Flower Cookies For Mother's Day

These Painted Flower Cookies are so lovely for Mother's Day and Kids will love painting them.
Kid Painted Cookies For Mother's Day Spring Flower
Have you ever tried painting on food with your kids, it is a fun art medium. Painting cookies is becoming one of our favorite food to paint on. We had some painted cookies for Putti's 3rd ART themed birthday, then made some flag cookies for memorial day and then again made some painted Easter Cookies which all have been big hit so far. 
I used my favorite short bread cookie recipe as they are eggless and I always use it for all my decorated cookies. I cut out some flower shapes using cookie cutters. I iced them with royal icing and left the cookies to dry over night. I had recently purchased these edible food markers which I let Putti apply the coloring like paint on the cookies. 
Kid Painted Cookies For Mother's Day Spring Flower
She loved coloring the cookies with some bright colors. I had to remind her to be gentle while coloring so as to not break the cookies.
Kid Painted Cookies For Mother's Day Flower Spring
We used Wilton Gel Food Colors for yellow, as we did not have that colored marker. Regular liquid food coloring works well too. Just add a little bit of water to the food coloring and you are good to go. You could use cotton swabs like us or use new paint brushes to apply the food color.
Kid Painted Cookies For Mother's Day Spring Flower
She went on drawing and coloring the flower cookies how ever she liked.
Kid Painted Flower Cookies For Mother's Day Spring
Here's a bunch of flower cookies she colored. I love how they turned out.
Kid Painted Cookies For Mother's Day Flower Spring
I thought they would make a lovely bouquet for Mother's Day, so using some royal icing I glued kabab sticks to the back of the cookies and here we have a lovely painted flower cookies!!
These would be perfect for Mother's Day and also for spring and flower themed party :)
Kid Painted Flower Cookies For Mother's Day Spring

Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share! You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.
Linking to all places mentioned here
Pin It Now!

0 Comments :

Post a Comment