Monday, March 11, 2013

DIY Easy Wall Art

Today, I am sharing with you a DIY Easy Wall Art that is very simple and does not need any artistic skills. It is easy enough for kids to do most part of it. 
 Materials Needed:
  • Cardstock 
  • Black Tempera Paint
  • Paints - Acrylic or tempera depending on your kids (We used Crayola washable paints)
  • Markers (Optional)
  • Paint Brushes
  • A small cup or paper roll or anything to stamp circles
This post was inspired by Modern Art post on Inner Child Fun. Start by pouring the black paint into a bowl/plate. Then using a cup stamp circles on the cardstock. Encourage kids to overlap the circles to make more interesting patterns. 
 Don't worry about the paint splatters, I think they add an extra dimension. 
 Allow it to dry very well before moving to the next step. But if you are like my daughter then she will just do more stamping while waiting for the first one to dry. This part is sort of relaxing, it is quiet, calm and repetitious! She loved doing it and kept talking about the Circle Printing Kids Art, she had done in the recent past.
Anyways, after the black circles have dried, paint the circles in bright colors of your choice. My only instruction to my girl was not to use the same color for two neighboring circle parts. 
 She used paints to color in some parts and I think she really did a great job painting it all.
 After it dried, I filled in the space between the circle with black paint which really made the other colors pop! I love how beautiful this turned out that we went ahead and finished a couple others too. For the middle one, she had used  an empty paper  tube to stamp the smaller circles.  I need to get these in a frame. 
Isn't this Wall ART Easy and Beautiful?
Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share! You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.
Linking to all places mentioned here
Pin It Now!

3 Comments :

What a lovely simple art. And good to teach about circles, and overlapping.

This is lovely. (I just came across it via learningwithboys.com). I wonder how it would turn out using mixed colours for the overlaps? (eg orange in between red and yellow circles) I'm not sure if it would be as visually striking but it sounds fun with slightly older kids. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

Post a Comment