These Pretzel Butterflies are fun to make and were a hit with kids and adults at Putti's Butterfly themed 5th birthday Party.
To make these Pretzel Butterflies, you will need:
- small pretzel twists (2 for each butterfly plus extra for antanna
- 1/2 cup White Royal Icing in Ziplock cover or piping bag
- Wax paper and cookie sheet
- m&m or any round candies
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Pipe a thin line of royal icing on the wax paper. Press To two pretzel twists on the royal icing firmly with single-hole sides of pretzels touching to form butterfly wings.
- Pipe more icing over the pretzels to form the body.
- Break remaining pretzels into pieces for antennae. Press 2 pieces into the icing at top of each butterfly between wings.
- Pipe icing into each hole in wings and press a m&m into it.
- Let stand until set, about 8 hours. I left them over night. If you are using melted candies, it may be set sooner.
- Remove from waxed paper and store in tightly covered container.
For a more detailed tutorial to make these Pretzel Butteflies with step by step photos visit 'What will we do today?'.
|Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share! You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.|
Linking to all places mentioned here