Wednesday, January 23, 2013

India Flag Fruit Pizza

This India Flag Fruit Pizza makes a delicious and healthy addition to any Tricolor Party. 
I made this for a Tricolor Party that we had with some of my Indian friends here in North Florida. Everyone was getting some tricolored food and  I was given dessert and friends did expect me to make some Flag cookies, which I did make. I also wanted something else, first thought of baking a cake, but there was another lady getting cupcake for the kids, so skipped that. Finally decided to give this Fruit Pizza a try.
I used my favorite eggless sugar cookie recipe for the base. Rolled it out and cut a rectangle.
 Baked it at 350F for 25 minutes and let it cool. While the cookie is baking, wash-peel and cut all your fruits. I was too scared to move it off the cookie sheet to nice serving tray as I thought it would break. So, left the cookie base in the sheet itself. Next, mixed up a tub of cream cheese with a tub of cool whip. Spread the mixture over the cookie base. I used a spoon and a butter knife to spread it out. (I realise that even if the cookie base had broken, I could have managed to fit it together on the tray and it really would not have mattered, as it would be covered with cream anyway- something to remember for next time)
Now place the fruits over the cookie base topped with cream. I used Oranges, Banana and Kiwi for the Saffron, White and Green stripes of the flag. For the blue wheel (dharma chakra) in the middle, I did not find blueberries so used raisins :)
Here is the India Flag Fruit Pizza ready to be cut and gobbled up!
Stay tuned for a yummy Tricolor Party post with almost all foods in the colors of India Flag :)
Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share! You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.
Linking to all places mentioned here
Pin It Now!

7 Comments :

Awesome creativity. Thanks for giving me nice idea for my next party.

wow....looks awesome and delicious, good for health too.

You are invited to join my new weekly link-up "Say it Two Ways Thursdays"!  I would love for you to link up activities like this that teach your child about other languages and cultures.  Link up at toddlefast.blogspot.com/2013/01/link-up-say-it-two-ways-thursdays.

Such a fun idea! And delicious to.

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

All the food is looking great........loved your suggestions

Post a Comment