Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Painted Christmas Tree

Our house looks really festive now with this Painted Christmas Tree on our living room window / sliding door. And the best part is it can be decorated every day again and again, isn't that FUN!

Painted Christmas Tree Window Kids Craft
After making a small foam Christmas tree for Putti's room window that actually has been a hit with both Putti and her friends who have visited, I wanted something easy for our living room too. When I saw this window tree at My Buddies and I, I immediately wanted to make one for us!  
So, I gathered materials from around the house:
I first mixed a few squirts of dish washing liquid to the paint. Then painted the outline of a big tree on the outside of our sliding glass door. It is not perfect, please excuse my artistic skills.  
Painted Christmas Tree Window Kids Craft
And then let Putti paint the inside of the tree. You could do this part yourself for little kids. 
Painted Christmas Tree Window Kids Foam Craft
I then painted the trunk in brown and our own painted tree was ready to be decorated. 
Painted Christmas Tree on Window Kids Craft
 Next, I cut up some simple circles, hearts, candy canes etc from craft foam. I used a fancy edge scissor to cut them. And then to add extra pizzaz I colored some of them using sharpies, Putti joined in too. We just did some dots, lines, swirls etc.
Foam Ornaments Window Kids Craft
 Putti knew what to do next. Just dip the foam ornaments in water and stick it on the window to decorate the tree. Since the paint is outside no worry of any mess.
Painted Christmas Tree Window Kids Craft
 She kept on decorating the tree, moving the ornaments and changing things up often.
Painted Christmas Tree Foam Ornaments Window Kids Craft
 Here is a closer look at the decorated tree.
Painted Christmas Tree Window Kids Craft
 And here's how the Painted Christmas Tree with foam ornaments looks from inside and to our curious neighbours from outside!
Painted Christmas Tree Window Kids Craft

Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share! You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.
Linking to all places mentioned here
Pin It Now!

3 Comments :

I love it! I love the foam idea for ornaments too! We might have to add to ours if I can find our foam! I'm going to put this on our fb page <3

Thanks Suzanne! Craft foam as been my first choice for window decorations always:) Thank you for sharing.

Great idea to use the craft foam. Such a fun window activity!

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Post a Comment