Putti came home looking like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. They had made these cute Reindeer hats at school and her teachers had then painted the kids nose red. She wanted to show me how they made it. I really love it when she wants to show me something which she has learnt at school.
- Cut a band of brown construction paper (about 2-3 inches wide).
- Measure the length to fit your kid's head and then staple or glue at the appropriate length.
- On the 2nd sheet of brown, trace your kid's handprints and cut out.
- Place one handprint inside of the crown towards the front, just a little apart from each other. Glue or staple the antlers to the band.
- Glue or tape a craft stick to the back of the handprint. This is to keep the "antlers" standing tall.
- Glue the googly eyes and red pompom for nose onto the front of the Hat. Draw a smile with a marker. (This step was not done at school, I did this to avoid painting Putti's nose red each time she wanted to play with these)
- Wear your crown and get ready to guide Santa's sleigh.
Aren't these Handprint Reindeer Hats adorable?
|Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share! You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.|