Thursday, June 21, 2012

Handprint Lion and the Mouse

Welcome back to the Readathon 2012 hosted at MeMeTales. Did you see the Five Little Ducklings book along with Puppets we made? The book we listened to today was The Lion and the Mouse by Lavanya R.N.  It is a super cute version of an old fable and Putti's all time favorite animal story.  The book is wonderfully illustrated with bright colors.  Putti really loved the fact that the mouse and the lion sing in this version.  She also tried to sing along and dance with the music:) Really, you should listen to this book, it is fabulous!! 
After reading the book, we decided to make Handprint Lion and Mouse inspired by Meet the Dubiens Post. Putti wanted to make the Lion first and painted her hand yellow. She then placed on a white cardstock with fingers spread apart to make a handprint.
hand print lion
 After it dried, she painted eyes, yellow and orange mane and a tail.
handprint lion
 Next, she painted her hand grey and made a print with fingers closed together. Made a pink thumprint for the ears. the tip of her little finger in pink became the nose and in white became eyes. then she painted eye balls and added moustache.
hand print mouse
 Here are our Handprint Lion and Mouse!!
handprint lion and mouse 
Linking to all places mentioned here.
Disclaimer – I will be receiving the books that I feature from MeMeTales in exchange for sharing our fun ideas each week and promoting the Summer Readathon.
Pin It Now!

16 Comments :

They are really good I like how the letters are next to each other in the alphabet and related to the story :)

Those are so adorable! What a fun craft to tie into the Lion and the Mouse.

The Lion and the mouse are adorable!!!
Visiting from Read.Explore.Learn

@Pinkoddy,
Oh yeah, I did not realise L and M are next to each other!

Thanks

Thanks everyone for stopping by and your comments

So cute! I haven't seen a mouse before :) Thanks for the link too!!!

Lovely! :) Thank you for sharing this in High paw linky! Have to go back through your posts when I get some time to see what I missed ;)

These are adorable! What a wonderful book tie- in.

How cute! I absolutely love this - wish my "no messy" toddler would do handprint painting.

cute, will check out the story as a book and a singsong together is right up my daughter's street

Handprint art is always so much fun! I love how these turned out. :)

These are lovely Roopa! Thanks for linking to The Sunday Showcase. I'm pinning to do with my boys!

These are super cute! I am featuring this on Sunday Showcase this weekend!

Hope to see you link up this week too!

Charlotte
makedoandfriend.com

LOVE these! You know I have a fondness for hand/foot print crafts and these are just adorable!

Thanks for sharing on the Sunday Showcase! I have pinned them to our Pinterest board! :)

Post a Comment