Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tape Resist Easter Eggs

Putti loved making these Tape Resist Easter Eggs. They are so simple to make that any child would love making these. It can be modified for any age group and makes a great activity for Easter.
I do not have many non Indian holiday related activities shared on my blog, not because I don't like them. But because, for me these activities are a fun way to learn about any Holidays. And since Putti gets to learn about many of these at her preschool, I only concentrate on Indian/Hindu holidays. But, recently when I collaborated with Hands on as we grow for valentines day, I realized how much Putti enjoyed the whole process. So have decided to do as many Holiday activities to enjoy the process though we don't celebrate many of these.  Here is a simple activity for Easter that is easy to do and can ignite your child’s creativity. Tape resist  art is a big time favorite activity of Putti.
First, I free hand drew the shape of an egg on a cardstock. Please don't judge, its not accurate. Putti cut strips of painter's tape and pressed them down in whatever design she liked. Finally painted with her favorite colors, we used crayola washable paints. Love the blue and purple she chose here.
 
Here's the finished painting, before and after the tape is removed. Wait for the paint to completely dry to pull the tape off.  Paper may rip at places, peel carefully. We use painter's tape with least adhesiveness. Yes, it comes in varying degree of adhesiveness, which I learnt when I bought some tape at The Home Depot. I have heard stickying the tape on ur jeans for a couple of minutes and then putting on the paper will help remove some extra stickyness. 
 I then cut around the shape of the egg and glued it onto construction paper. Here are all the three different ones she has made. The third is made with markers. 
  • If you make the eggs smaller and they can make lovely cards
  • Make an alphabet with tape on each egg to spell 'EASTER' and that would make a lovely decoration.
We read the book "Easter Egg Hunt" by Chuck Murphy. This is a fun book filled with eggs hidden that must be found. Putti loved pointing out the eggs and loved the pretty patterns on the eggs!

Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share!
You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.
Linking to all places mentioned here
Pin It Now!

22 Comments :

They look wonderful!

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy & Alissa

I love tape resist art! Great idea decorating eggs this way!

Great Idea Roopa. I love tape resists

These are super cute. The tape doesn't rip the paper when you rip it off?

Thank you everyone for stopping by and your comments. Putti enjoyed making them.

@Amanda, We use cardstocks and painter's tape with least adhesiveness. But the paper does rip at some places at times.

@anonymous,
We use crayola washable kids paint

Thanks @Roopa...going to give it a try today!

Great post!! I am featuring this over on my blog tomorrow! I need to try this since we love tape art so much and haven't done any tape resist painting recently!

Those easter eggs are very cute! Thanks for sharing the idea :)

What a great project! I shared this on my crafty facebook page : )

I love the idea of tape resist art. Thank you!

I especially like the one with all the marker lines...really cool.

What a great fine motor activity mixed with art. Love this! I would love to invite you to link up at our Share It Saturday linky party. We have lots of creative ideas submitted each week and you would fit right in! http://www.sugaraunts.com/2013/03/share-it-saturday-9-and-our-week-in.html

Hope to see you there!

Colleen at Sugar Aunts

What a great idea and something I could do with my youngest easily.
I have pinned it.

I'm featuring this on The Sunday Showcase this week - we love tape resist art!

Thanks! This is a simple activity with an easter twist :)

Post a Comment