Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rainbow Painting

Putti loved this Rainbow Painting activity.
Ever since Putti started playing with paints, rainbows and trees have been her all time favorites to paint. Here are some of the first few rainbows she painted.
For today's activity, I set out all 7 colors and she was thrilled to see those many colors. I usually try to give her 2-3 colors to avoid overwhelming her and it works fine for us. I put a brush in each of the paint bottles and asked to make a puddle of each color at the end of the cardstock. I had kept the colors in the VIBGYOR order to make it easier for her.
Later on, she used a scale and dragged the paint all across the cardstock ...
Creating a lovely Rainbow. Some colors did not make all the way to the end of the cardstock, which I think bcos there was less paint. But I love it this way.
She loved and made many more rainbows. I kept repeating the colors in the rainbow each time and soon she joined me too. But she kept asking why not call it purple why call it violet?
The roller brush in our activity tray caught her attention and wanted to try it. But it left lots of gaps, guess lots more paint is required with a roller brush.
She did roll it back and forth to get the colors, but said her rainbow was smudged, so went back to scale.
And offcourse she had to paint a rainbow..
This rainbow painting activity is part of the 'Weather Blog Hop' initiated by NurtureStore






Linking to all places mentioned here
Pin It Now!

10 Comments :

Beautiful! Love the idea of using a ruler as the Painting tool!

I really love the technique of using the ruler to drag the paint! It has such a beautiful effect!

Great fun. My boys are going to love this. Hadn't thought to put the paint on the page first. Nice!

Beautiful addition to a Weather Blog hop! Love the ruler idea!! Looks great.

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

I love this project - such a beautiful effects!

What a fun idea. I love rainbows and my kids love paint, so it's perfect for us! Congrats on DailyBuzz Moms :-)

WOW! what a wonderful & funny idea. I think my baby girl will like this doing.

Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Tots last week. I am featuring your post this week on In Lieu of Preschool: http://www.inlieuofpreschool.com/color-activities-for-kids/ Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Off to pin! Thanks again for sharing!

Post a Comment