Dont you think this little Piggy is cute:)Cardboard Box and Magazine Challenges. The material chosen for this time was 'Paper Bag'. And the challenge is growing bigger and is now open to everyone. Keep reading to find out how you can join and maybe win some exciting prizes too!!
We do not use paper bags much in our home, except for the gift bags. So, I had these 3 bags gifted to us by a kind neighbor of ours:)
At first, I had no idea what we could make out of these. And once the bags were home, I asked Putti " Can we make something out of these?". She said "Sure, maybe make some pigs". Hmm pigs, "okay, how do you plan to make it?" I asked her. She said "maybe we can cut pictures of pigs from books and glue it". Well, so off we went digging through all our old magazines and papers. But not a single piggy photo in any of those. I tried to suggest maybe we can make something else, but she was adamant on making a Pig.
So, I to ask the google god for an answer and found this which was perfect given that Valentines day is right around the corner. So, first Putti cut 2 hearts from a pink construction paper and for the rest, we used the craft foam stickers left over form "Hearts Tree"
First glued the larger heart on the bottom of the bag, which becomes the body of the pig..
Then, glue in the little heart which is the head...
Then add heart stickers for the legs, mouth, ears and tail....
And this is how our cute little piggy looks!
And later that week, we happened to read the book "My Heart Is Like a Zoo" which is filled with collages of Zoo animals all of them in heart shapes.
Here's a great video of the book trailer
Inspired by this lovely book, we made more heart shaped animals... a bear, an owl and the pig!
And a cute caterpillar too...
Here is the list of all the wonderful bloggers taking part in this wonderful event:
Paint Cut Paste, Imagination Soup, Hands On: As We Grow, Child Central Station, Putti Prapancha, Irresistible Ideas for Play-Based Learning, Teach Preschool, The Chocolate Muffin Tree, Nurture Store, Small Types, The Imagination Tree, Toddler Approved, Red Ted Art, Sun Hats and Wellie Boots, Come Together Kids, Mommy Labs, Kids in the Studio, Rainy Day Mum, Glittering Muffins, Sense of Wonder, Mom To 2 Posh Lil Divas, Come Together Kids, Kitchen Counter Chronicles, A Mom With A Lesson Plan, Angelique Felix, The Golden Gleam, Share and Remember, Clarion Wren, Living at the Whitehead’s Zoo, Let Kids Create, De tout et de rien, PlayDrMom, Rainbows Within Reach, No Time for Flash Cards, Creativity My Passion, Messy Kids, The Outlaw Mom,Glitter Mud and Duct Tape A Childhood List Kiwi Crate, Tinkerlab
- Now, you can join this too. Link one and only one of your posts about the paper bag to the linky below.
- If you dont have a post yet, you have time until this month end to make, share and link.
- If you don’t have a blog, you can still enter! Simply upload your project onto an online photo storage site like Flickr or Picasa and share your photo’s URL in the link party.
- Tinkerlab will add you to their Paper Bag Creative Challenge Pinterest Board. They’ll ‘Pin” the image that you’ve uploaded to the Link Party, and share the description that you added to your link.
- The Pinterest Post with the most “repins” by 9 pm PST February 29, 2012 will win a $100 VISA gift card and three-month subscription to Kiwi Crate, courtesy of Kiwi Crate (subscription is only available to U.S. participants).
- To be eligible to win, you need to link up one post to the linky and add a photo or link in the comments on Tinkerlab's this post.