Friday, November 25, 2011

Rolling Pumpkin Painting !!

Rolling Pumpkin Painting was our today's art activity. Since the weather has been very good I wanted to do some outside art before the chill sets in and we ended up with this.  Putti had so much fun doing it, and I had a ton of fun watching. 



I set this activity up by placing a long piece of easel paper onto the concrete part of the yard and poured some Crayola Washable Kid's Paint into bowls for her. Gave her one of the small pumpkin which was left after doing some lovely pumpkin prints. Putti started off by dipping and rolling the pumpkin in the paint. And then she rolled the pumpkin down the length of the paper. It looked like she was bowling! 
 
With all that paint on her hands, she couldnot resist making a couple of handprints, which is her favorite activity too !!


She had a lot of fun with this rolling pumpkin painting. I was asked to help her by stopping the pumpkin from rolling off into the plants, hence could not get many action pictures of her rolling the pumpkin.
                                       
                                       


I loved this activity because it was super duper easy to set up and clean and also she had a ton of fun . When she was finished we just hosed down. And since we used the Crayola Washable Kid's Paint, it easily washed out of her clothing too. 





Linking to : Summer Fun Party, Made by little handsShow and tellKids get craftyHigh Paw, Its Play TimeMonday MadnessOutdoor PlayFor kids friday, Fun for kids Friday, Play academyNo time for flash cards, Craft school sunday, Sunday Showcase, Kids can craft, and all other places mentioned here


Pin It Now!

8 Comments :

Very fun! Would love for you to come share this at the Outdoor Play Party! http://mamapeapod.blogspot.com/2011/11/outdoor-play-party-pancakes-ponies-and.html

Good Job putti. That was great idea with pumpkins..in the pumpkin posts in fact.So you are back in full swing.
This is Juis mother here.

what a FUN activity!! I am your newest follower, I'd love it if you followed me back =-) I also wanted to invite you to link up at mY TGIF linky party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
Beth =-)

I've got to have my girls try this once it's warm outside again. looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

Fun idea! We will have to try this with pumpkin season coming up. :)

I linked this in my post "Spooktacular Smorgasbord of Simple Science & Sensory Ideas." I hope that was all right! It is wonderful. http://kindergartenbasics.blogspot.com/2012/10/spooktacular-smorgasboard-of-simple.html

I love it. We have lots of gourds left to use for something. I love the idea of different textures.

Post a Comment