Friday, July 1, 2011

Handprint Sunflowers!

Nurture Store hosts a Sunflower Challenge, which is linked to raising funds and awareness for the Compton Hospice. And to celebrate the challenge coming to an end, Nurture Store has a sunflower activity party! Putti and me are always ready for an artsy party :)) And Putti made these hand print sunflowers, aren't they beautiful ? 
It is really easy to make these at home. Simply paint your child's hands yellow/orange and let them make a flower by making handprints on the cardstock. Putti loved painting her hand and printing with it.
 
She then painted sides of her hand green to make the stems ... 
 
and again painted her hands green for the leaves
Later used her finger tips dipped in brown paint to add sunflower seeds to her sunflower. 
She wanted to make one more flower which she did. But it became slightly big  and she did not have enough space to add handprint leaves(we should have used bigger sheet of paper). So I suggested she can paint the stem and leaves with a brush. Which she did
 
 
 
   
We love the book This is the Sunflower  by Lola M. Schaefer which is full of rhyming texts "This is the sunflower, tall and bright,that stands in my garden day and night".
This Is the Sunflower


Linking to all places mentioned here

Pin It Now!

19 Comments :

I love how she decorated the flower afterwards. I also love that you had her paint her hands herself. Fun hand print idea. Thanks for sharing on art4littlehands.com

Liked the Varnajaal bloom created by the tender hands.

@Art For Little HandsThank you Laura! Painting the hand all by herself is an activity she loves:)
Thank you for hosting the linky party :)

@Art at Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School I am always looking for something simple and yet beautiful too. Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

What a beautiful sunflower! Our first sunflower started to bloom a few days ago.. so it`s time to make a handprint sunflower :)

I love your sunflower. It is so happy and cheerful! And love how your little girl is doing it all by herself - with such concentration! Perfect!

Thanks for linking to Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Oh my goodness...What a fabulous idea! It turned out so darling! I will definitely have to try this craft out. I just pinned it on Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

@mermaidHow wonderful to have sunflowers in your garden:) Do let me know when you try this.

@RedTedArt Thanks Maggy for coming back to comment!! We loved it so much that we made this again on tote bag as a gift for a friend!

very nice, thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

Painting little hands are sooo much fun! Great project! Thanks for linking up with us at The Sunday Showcase!

I loved your sunflower craft so much that I featured it on my blog and made my own. You are welcome to grab a Featured Button from my blog which is on the right sidebar above my Blog Archive, if you'd like to.

Thank you for your inspiration! :)

Link to my post: http://iheartcraftythings.blogspot.com/2011/07/story-time-this-is-sunflower-and.html

@Aimee from Classified: MomThank you! Yup we love painting hands and feet :) Thanks for hosting the link up!

@Rachel@I Heart Crafty ThingsThanks so much for the feature. Your button is proudly added to my 'Featured' page!!! I love your sunflowers too:)

I featured your adorable sunflower post in a craft round up http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/2011/08/handprint-sunflower-round-up-saturdays.html

Post a Comment