Thursday, June 16, 2011

Colorful rays around shapes and a picture for dad !!

 This activity was inspired by this post.  They had used oil pastels which we do not have. So We tried them with 'Alex Creamy Crayons'.
First I drew some simple geometric shapes on a piece of cardstock (can use cereal box too) which putti cut. Placed the shape on a scrap piece of paper and let putti color the edges with creamy crayons.
 Then I gently stick the colored shape to a white card with a piece of painters tape. Using one finger rub the creamy crayon colors off the shape onto the white card stock creating colorful rays. Putti had a bit of trouble with this step and I had to encourage her a lot to keep rubbing and help her at times!
 Remove the shape to reveal a beautiful outline. Looks very pretty!
 She made them into our faces and labelled them too.. Anything round, she will try and make them into faces:)
 Geometric shapes.. I encouraged her to use multiple colors this time
 The face gave me an idea to make another simple picture gift for her appa. The first gift she made is here. I cut the letters D,A,D from card, a round for the face and we repeated the entire process. And then  she painted over it with liquid watercolor.  
 The crayons resisted the watercolor creating a beautiful piece.  I love it!

Linking to : Made by little handsShow and tellKids get craftyHigh Paw, Its Play Time, For kids friday, Art for little hands, Fun for kids Friday, Play academyNo time for flash cards, Craft school sunday, Sunday Showcase, Kids can craft and all other places mentioned here
Pin It Now!

16 Comments :

So lovely! Love how you made faces out of the "rays". Beautiful!

Thank you (as always!) for linking to Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

I really like the look of this effect - it would be easy for toddlers - I think I'll try it - especially with shapes!

please go to the following page
http://www.sanskritdocuments.org/scannedbooks/dlidownloader/

Download and install the application, this will allow you to download books from Digital Library of India.

Mala

Love this idea and the effect is so pleasant! The keep-sake for the dad turned out so beautiful...

@LeeanneA / KMullally Hope your kids like it, mine did not actually enjoy the rubbing process. But she loved the end results:)

@MalaThank you letting me know about this. I have heard about DLI, good to know you can download books!

@MommyLabs Thank you rashmie!! The round ones look like sun to me, but putti saw faces in them:)

I love the effect. It's nice that she always makes faces - maybe she's going to be a real people person.

Wow . Nice idea .. Will try out with my daugter too :)

Post a Comment