Friday, May 6, 2011

Splat Painting with Balls !

This splat painting is part of our Cardboard box challenge. Check our entire challenge post here with other ways we played with a box.
This sure is an outside activity and be prepared for all the messy fun! We did ours in the little patio. You will need large sheets of paper/card, poster paints, bowls for the paint, balls and a pair/or more of little hands ready to get messy :)
Pour paint into the bowls, dip the balls into the paint and throw the ball on the paper/card !!
Since the ball would be bouncing and rolling off I thought a cardboard box would be helpful to keep the ball within the box. But my bad I did not have any big boxes around at home. So first we tried with the small box we had.
And then used an opened up USPS priority mailbox as our canvas. I was putti's helper here, catching the bouncy/ rolling ball for her, wiping the paint off her face, hair and all :)
 She sure had fun !
 
 And finally she wanted to make handprint before washing off....

Have you seen the Super fun splat art we did with sponges and spatulas? If not have a look at it here, you would love it too :)

Tinkerlab did some splat painting with balloons! Check their post here and dont forget to visit the other wonderful links in their post.

Like what we do? Please give us thumbs up!
 
Thanks!

Linking to : Made by little hands,  We Play , Tots Tuesday, Show and tellKids get crafty, Creative Juice thursday, High Paw, Its Play Time, For kids friday, Fun for kids Friday, Play academy, Saturday Artist, No time for flash cards, Craft school sunday, Art for little hands, Kids can craft and all other places mentioned here
Also to Outdoor Play
Pin It Now!

16 Comments :

Unbridled fun Putti is having! What a wonderful way to use the cardboard box, Roopa! Hats off to your creativity!

I love all the bright colors - this looks like just plain old fashioned fun!

I think I found something to do with my kids this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Oh my she is having SOOOO much fun with the splat painting! How wonderful and the final results looks gorgeous! Perfect craft!

Maggy
(PS thank you for all your fab linking up!!)

I love your splat art. I think the painting with spatulas was one of the first posts you shared with us at the Play Academy - still one of my favourites.

Now that is some outdoor fun. Have you seen the book Splat the Cat? I would go great with this project...

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week...

You always do the best things. I want to come live at your house -- literally. Thanks for sharing on my blog again.

You and your daughter really know how to have a lot of fun!

Would love if you came by to link this up to our new Outdoor Play linky party tomorrow!

@Cathy JamesOh my you remember that! Yours was the first blog hop party I linked to:) And had to stop with it for a while bcos I was writing in kannada.
thanks!

@I am Laura Yay, Thanks!! We would love to have some company too :)
Our only neighbours with kids are 2 boys who wouldnt sit down to paint and their mom isnt ready for messy art :(

Yea! Fun! :) No chance to do this inside LOL

Hey your blog is very attractive You are enjoying with your child's I think you are doing a great job in your home...Nice sharing
Painting Company

A great idea. I'm always looking for new ways to experiment with paintings.... especially ones that make craft time a lot of fun.

Post a Comment