Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flag Cookies !!

We made these Flag Cookies today and Putti loved making and painting them. Here are our finished cookies
The first time I tried making decorated sugar cookies was for putti's 'Fish' themed 2nd birthday. And since none of us at home including putti are sugar cookie fans, I havent made them often. Next I had made diya shaped cookies for her friends during 'Happy Diwali' dance practise. Then again for her 'Art' themed 3rd birthday she painted these cookies.
Today, putti asked to paint some cookies. And since memorial day is around the corner I thought of making some flag cookies. First made cookies using my favorite recipe found here. Putti loved measuring and mixing the ingredients. Then she wanted to roll too, so I used my press to make it easier for both of us! Just place a small ball of dough on the press in between 2 waxed/ plastic paper
press
And cut using ur cutter. We used gerber baby food lid. After they were baked and cooled, I first iced the blue square..
Then filled in the white
And also made stars dots over the blue... (white food color would have been helpful). Once these dried for sometime, I gave red food color mixed with water to putti to make some stripes..
Also, she made a flower, caterpillar and a sun!!
These are now packed and are ready to be taken to her school tomorrow. Hope her friends like them :)

Linking to : Made by little hands,  We Play , Tots Tuesday, Show and tellKids get crafty, Creative Juice thursday, High Paw, Its Play Time, For kids friday, Art for little hands, Fun for kids Friday, Play academy, Saturday Artist, No time for flash cards, Craft school sunday, Sunday Showcase, Kids can craft and all other places mentioned here 
Pin It Now!

9 Comments :

I love this so creative!!!
~jada roo can do~

What a lovely time you guys had. My daughter loves to help in baking and kneading too.However we have not tried food painting. GREAT ideas you have!

Your cookies are too cute! I love them :-) Lovely indeed!

Such a lovely cookies..hugs to putti :)
Shreya too loves chapati frying, cake mixing, cleaning green leaves! & we use same press to prepare poori and she likes it very much!!

very fun. You need to share your recipe of icing. I have never made a hard icing that I could paint on. What a great idea. I think I will use this when I am babysitting a load of kids next week for a friend of mine. Thanks for sharing again at my art party. I always love your entries best.

Thanks all!!

@Dr Sonia, you should give it a try, im sure ur daughter will love it too..

@Vanitha,
Oh wow, shreya's a ur lil helper then:) And yes putti loves the press, at times uses it for play dough too..

@Art For Little Hands Well thank you for hosting!
The recipe is here http://puttiprapancha.blogspot.com/2010/12/decorated-sugar-cookies.html

Its nothing but confectioners sugar mixed with water to the desired consistency.. You try painting on plain toasts too.

I should add, I would love it if you would share at Sharing Saturday at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/05/sharing-saturday-20.html. Thank you!!

Post a Comment